Read a book about Johnny Appleseed, watched a few Youtube videos. Then taught the boys layout and design in Photoshop.
Love playing in Photoshop but I always start with a template–I’m not great with original layouts. Love Nettio’s templates.
Planned on one page but boys want to do another. So I am actually bribing them to do school work with schoolwork, “Finish your copywork and you can make another page. ” LOL
So that lead to a study on apple varieties.
Scrapbook to LearnStep-by-Step
- Read a book or passage on the topic.
- Optional but fun: Watch a Youtube video on the topic.
- Brainstorm a list of facts to record. My boys really learn on this step.
- Allow students browse your scrapbook stash (hundreds of free kits are available)
- Research the Internet for images with Google image search.
- Chose a template. (Templates save hours! See free templates here.)
- Created the scrapbook page (Mom can teach how to use the software as children choose papers and elements until they can do it on their own).