Patriarch Lesson: Genesis 25-27
Step 1: Excite
In this lesson you will be reading Genesis 25-27 the stories include:
- Isaac and Rebekah have Twins
- Esau sells his birthright
- Isaac Blesses Jacob
Listen for the following points in theses stories:
- Similarities between Abraham and Issac.
- Differences between Esau and Jacob.
- What Esau treasured.
Step 2: Examine
Research the story of Genesis 29-31 in at least one of the following:
- Read Genesis 29-31
- Read “Like Father, Like Son, Almost” and “A Masterpiece in Pieces” in Be Authentic: Exhibiting Real Faith in the Real World
- Read Jacob and Esau online.
- Watch the Jacob and Esau Video (6 total)
Step 3: Expand
Complete at least 1 activity.
- Activity 1. Answer questions
- The lentil soup was important in this story. Where else in the Bible is food a temptation?
- How did Jacob deceive his father?
- Who helped Jacob trick Isaac? Why?
- Why was Isaac fooled?
- What did Esau do when he found out his inheritance was stolen?
- What did Rebekah tell Jacob to do?
- Activity 2. Make a List
Make a list of how Isaac was like his father Abraham (refer to Be Authentic chapter 1).
- Activity 3. Outline
Outline Genesis 25-31
- Activity 4. Make Booklets
Twins Birth Announcement
Esau Sells His Birthright
Jacob Receives the Blessing
- ❒ Correct all written work to demonstrate correct punctuation and spelling.
❒ Correct all written work to demonstrate correct and effective use of grammar.
❒ Add to your Writing Notebook the rules for all punctuation and grammar errors you corrected.
❒ Record any misspelled words in your spelling notebook.
❒ Add to your Vocabulary Notebook any new words encountered in this lesson. Include a definition
for each word. Use each vocabulary term in a sentence orally or in writing.
❒ Add corrected written work or any illustrations to your Portfolio.
❒ Add any important people or events to your Time Line Book.
❒ Share with a friend or family member an activity you completed for this lesson. Explain to them what you have learned.