Before you jump to the ingredients to see if you have them on hand. you probably do not have brown rice cereal flakes or gelatin sheets. These are not in most pantries unless you’ve been eating gluten free.
But hey, HEALTHY cheesecake! It will be worth it.
Eat it for breakfast! I love making desserts with medjool dates and this recipe works beautifully. This recipe is an adaptation from the original recipe by Honey & Figs by Consuelo, Visit her site for lots of yummy, healthy recipes.
- 12 medjool dates
- 1/1/2 cup brown rice cereal flakes
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons crushed almond (optional)
- 3 1/2 cups fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 Kosher gelatin sheets + 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Soak pitted dates in water for 10 minutes.
- Crush the almonds in your food processor. Leave them there when you add the dates in the next step.
- Drain dates and add to a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add in cereal flakes and pulse until a ball of dough is formed.
- Stir in melted coconut oil and pulse until incorporated to the ball.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and press crust until it covers the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Soak gelatin sheets in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Puree cottage cheese to a food processor until creamy.
- Stir in honey, cinnamon, and vanilla and pulse until mixed well.
- Squeeze excess water from the gelatin sheets and mix them in 3 tablespoons water until they arecompletly dissolved.
- Stir in water mixture into the cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture on your prepared pan and cool overnight in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy. Guilt free.