- 1 cabbage cut up
- 4 cups water if steaming or beef broth if boiling
- 1-2 pound fully cooked turkey or beef kielbasa** cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at a slant
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 large carrots, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
**Reasons Not to Eat Pig (check turkey and beef kielbasa for pork casings)
You can throw all items cut up in the pot or brown the meat first with garlic and onions.
Saute the meat onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
I use a large 8 quart double boiler with water in bottom and steam the ingredents instead of boiling.
If you don’t have a large double pot use a Dutch oven or soup kettle, Combine cut up ingredents water, vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Cabbage and Kielbasa in crockpot- slow cook 8 hours.