This is my new favorite snack. Just stack crackers with hummus, sliced cucumbers and a bit of avocado. 34° Crispbread is a wholegrain, all natural and is yeast free.
Hummus is made of garbanzo beans. Studies show people consume less food overall when the diet was supplemented with garbanzo beans.
Health Benefits of Cucumbers
I eat one to two cucumbers each day. The cucumber contains alkaline-forming minerals and is an excellent source of vitamin C and A (anti-oxidants), folate, manganese, molybdenum, potassium, silica, sulfur, and lesser amounts of vitamin B complex, sodium, calcium, phosphorus and chlorine.
The alkalinity of the minerals in cucumber juice effectively helps in regulating the body’s blood pH, neutralizing acidity. The juice is also soothing for the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers. Cucumbers can help regulate blood pressure because of its minerals and traces of sodium. The high amount of vitamin C
and anti-oxidants in cucumber makes it an important ingredient in many beauty creams for treating eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc.
Health Benefits of the Avocado
- It protects cholesterol related heart diseases. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It is used both in prevention and treatment of prostate and breast cancers. Scientists have proved that a toxin in avocado kills the cancer cells. So-called toxin has a great effect on the tissues, particularly heart muscle tissues.
- Avocado includes necessary minerals like potassium, calcium, vitamin C and K, folic acid, copper, sodium and dietary fibers. These are used to provide the mineral necessity of the body. People who live in hot climates have great mineral and water loss. So, avocado is suggested strongly by the medicals.
- Oleic acid in avocado can be used to lower cholesterol level in the blood.
- Potassium in avocado regulates pressure of blood.
- Sodium reduces the risk of high blood pressure and stoke.
- It improves the ability of the body to absorb carotenoids.
- Avocado is used to help people who have sexual problems.
- It is a good antioxidant.
- It can be used in the treatment of skin disorders.
- It is used to heal people who suffer from digestive and circulatory problems.
Health Benefits of Hummus
Whole foods reports, “een valued for their fiber content. Two cups provide the entire Daily Value! But the research news on garbanzos and fiber has recently taken us one step further by suggesting that the fiber benefits of garbanzo beans may go beyond the fiber benefits of other foods. In a recent study, two groups of participants received about 28 grams of fiber per day. But the two groups were very different in terms of their food sources for fiber. One group received dietary fiber primarily from garbanzo beans. The other group obtained dietary fiber from entirely different sources. The garbanzo bean group had better blood fat regulation, including lower levels of LDL-cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglycerides.” See full article here.
Besides garbanzo beans hummus has Garlic and lemon juice, which are filled with antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress in the body. They also work to improve immune functions and fight of bacteria and viruses.