NOTE: I made these BEFORE I went Wheat Free.
Soup and sandwich is a quick and easy dinner. There is something wonderful about crunchy toast and warm gooey cheese. I’ve been experimenting with my panini maker. I promised to share recipes. These can be made in a frying pan, Rocket Grill, or panini maker.
I love Panera bread’s menu and have altered several of their sandwich combos
- Smoked turkey, spinach artichoke spread, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes onions,
- Smoked turkey breast, cheddar cheese and sun-dried tomato
- Chicken, Swiss cheese , Dijon mustard
- Smoked chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, red onions, chopped basil , mayonnaise
- Fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, basil, and pesto
More Winning Combinations
- Leftover meatloaf and Mozzarella cheese (had today, Yum)
- Colby Jack Cheese and thin Fuji apple slices.
- Sliced avocado, tomato and and Feta Cheese.
- Smoked salmon and Gruyere Cheese
- Smoked turkey and Cheddar Cheese
- Pizza sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan.
- Roast beef and Provolone (My Dad’s favorite)
- Roquefort dressing with thin slices tart Granny Smith apple
- Cream cheese (you can get the kind with onions) Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses
- Brie, Feta, turkey bacon, and green tomato
- Chicken, Mozzarella cheese, garlic powder , tomatoes, and Italian dressing
- Roasted turkey, turkey bacon, avocado, and balsamic mayonnaise
- Pear and Gouda (allow the Gouda to come to room temperature first)
- Roast beef with Swiss and Colby-Jack Cheese
- Hummus and Cheddar Cheese
- Guyre, Roma tomatoes, Italian dressing
- Brie and avocado
- Chicken breast cut about 1/8 inch thick with Swiss or Gouda
- Chicken, Monterey Jack, Pesto, and red onion
- Cheeses – American, Kraft Deli, Feta, Swiss, Colby-Monterey Jack, cheddar, Parmesan, Gruyere, Colby, fontina , Red Leicester, muenster, Havardi, Asiago, etc. Try melting two or three types of cheese on one sandwich.
- Breads: White, whole wheat, rye, pumpernickel, Italian, whole grain, sourdough, foccacia
- Fruits: tomatoes, avocado, apples, pears, even grapes.
- Veggies: zucchini, squash, onion, lettuce,
- Dressings: mustard, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, Italian dressing, Submarine dressing, Thousand Island, cream cheese, pesto, blue cheese, balsamic mayo, olive oil, Worcestor sauce,
- Meats: Pastrami, roast beef, roast turkey, smoked turkey, turkey ham, turkey bacon, (we don’t eat pork), salmon, chicken,
- Butter: Herb or garlic butter for extra flavor.
What’s you favorite grilled sandwich?