A local restaurant serves this Artichoke soup. I fell in love with it and tried a few varations of this recipe. The best is with heavy whipping cream but I settle for whole milk.
I buy artichokes in a large jar at Sam’s Club. I tried adapting this to one can of artichoke so anyone could use it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1 onion-chopped (or leeks)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatos, peeled and chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 1 cans cups chicken stock (1.5 cup)
- 1.5 cup milk (or heavy whipping cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in pot over medium heat. Add the onions and the garlic; stir until translucent. Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the artichokes, stock, milk.
Cook until the vegetables are tender 15-20 minutes minutes. Place in a food processor and puree until smooth, adding more milk if needed. Return to the pan, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then reheat. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, to serve.