It’s Menu Plan Monday and I thought I’d share a quick and easy summer lunch (or appetizer) with you. We have bruschetta and/or cheese bread once a week.This week Kroger had Italian bread on sale for $1.00 so we’ve had it several times this week. I bought a jar of bruschetta at Sam’s but it’s easy to make if you prefer homemade.
Traditional bruschetta is made by toasting the bread first, drizzle with olive oil, rubbing with garlic and then topping with the tomato mixture. When I make it for lunch, I make it like this:
- 1 loaf Italian bread or baguette French bread
- Mozzarella cheese (ball is best but shredded will do)
- Bruschetta (premade in a jar or homemade)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Butter
Slice Italian bread and brush with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or butter each slice) and arrange on a cookie sheet. Top each slice with a spoon of bruschetta and a slice of Mozzarella cheese. Place in 350 degree F oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Salt to taste. Children that don’t like tomatoes eat bread with cheese only. Quick, easy, nutritious, and delicious.
Martha Stewart has some fancier bruschetta recipes that look tasty. I’m going to try it with artichoke next time. Yum.
Spending a few minutes making a plan organizes the week, helps you save time and money. MPM is usually hosted by I’m an Organizing Junkie, but this week MPM is being hosted by Laura of Heavenly Homemakers
- Monday: London Broil*, Greek Salad, mashed potatoes
- Tuesday: BBQ Chicken legs, potato salad, green beans
- Wednesday: Leftover London Broil*, egg noodles, spinach
- Thursday: Tacos
- Friday: Meatloaf, baked potatoes, kale, Challa Bread
- Saturday, July 4th BBQ: flank steak, hot dogs, chicken, corn on the cob, macaroni salad, watermelon, Peach and Raspberry Crisp
- Sunday: Leftover BBQ
* I get the London Broil precooked at Sam’s. We get two meals out of it. Dh loves it!
Have you read this?