banner ad

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Works for Me

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleaning Pads are the best cleaning product since soap and water. They do work like magic; I use them everywhere. I bought them for crayon marks on the wall. I quickly found them useful for removing other marks such as marks on the stairwell the movers left.

Magic erasers are white sponges that you get a bit damp and then scrub away at all of the annoying dirty marks. The pad easily and thoroughly breaks up tough dirt, lifting it away from surfaces. And, it does all this with just water alone. Pick them up from almost any grocery store for about $4 for a pack of two sponges. I get them when I find them on sale.

My favorite use is to clean the stove top. When we got this house the stainless stove top was a real mess (you aren’t suppose to use Mr Clean Eraser on glossy surfaces but my stove top gloss was long gone anyway).

had spent a lot of time and elbow grease on this stove top. Then I had my strong 13-year-old son work on it for 15 minutes. It was almost impossible. Then I used the magic sponge and my 13-year-old son was astonished. “What did you do?” he cried. He was as frustrated as I was. Now I just wipe with Mr. Clean; no need for elbow grease.

More Uses:

• Clean stainless steel sinks (no elbow grease needed but read warnings below)

• Clean Walls (almost any marks including crayons)
  • Clean inside the microwave oven (easily wipe out baked on yuck even melted cheese)
  • Clean baseboards and doors (get rid of black marks left by vacuum cleaner)
  • Remove built up soap scum and water deposits in tub and shower.
  • Remove mildew stains from outside furniture.
  • Clean countertop stains
  • Clean dry erase boards
  • Clean sneakers (be careful, I use on my barn sneakers–really bad– I have not tried it on my to-the-store-sneaks)

You Should Know

• Do not allow young children to handle these sponges. There was a scary image showing skin irritation on a child from a Scotch Brite Easy Eraser (similar product) on a blog, but there is dispute about whether it was from chemicals or the abrasive action of the product from being rubbed on the skin. Either way, keep away from the little guys.
  • Do not use on highly glossy or satin finishes. Some surfaces can be stripped of their finish.
  • Some reports say paint can become discolored or lighter if you scrub on it, so test this in an area where it doesn’t show first.
  • The sponge will begin to disintegrate after the first use. It eventually crumbles away, literally rubbing away into nothingness.

The Coupon Junkie at the Homeschool Lounge has coupons for $1.00 off Magic Erasers.

Works for Me Wednesday is a “blog carnival” at We are That Family.
Be sure to check out lots of great tips on Works for Me Wednesday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About the Author

Homeschool mom to 11, Marmee to 14 and author.

Comments (24)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Sonshine says:

Love magic erasers here too! I just can’t use them on my walls because of the satin finish! They work good on my non skid tub floor though along with getting dirty fingertips off the fridge door! :) Oh if you go to Sam’s or Costco you can find them cheaper there than in the stores(unless a store has a really good sale on them!)

Sonshine’s last blog post..Works for Me Wednesday

2. Shalee says:

We just worked like crazy to get our house ready for being put on the market. I went through a box of those for all the scuff removal and tub cleaning that I did. The tubs and the no-slip rough spots are now sparkling clean and the walls are scuff-free. I’ve never used it our glass top stove. I might look at that if I can’t get a couple of places on it as shiny as I would like…

Shalee’s last blog post..WFMW – Vacationing While Never Leaving Home

3. MamaArcher says:

I LOVE magic erasers!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

4. Jenni says:

Thanks for the tip – I’ve not used these before, but have wondered if they work. I’ll have to pick up a package the next time I’m out!

Jenni’s last blog post..Spring flings!

5. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I have seen these advertised, but have always wondered if they could really be that good! Now I know, and need to go find one! Thanks.

JanMary, N Ireland’s last blog post..WFMW – Spring Decorating

6. andrea says:

I never thought to use them on my stainless steel sink…I’m going to go try it right now! (thanks for stopping by!)

andrea’s last blog post..Rock in My Dryer

7. Hi Robin,

Youa re right that they need to be kept out of the hands of children! They do have formaldehyde as an ingredient, so they are definitely a no no for littles :).

Jennifer Bogart’s last blog post..Free Manners E-Book Package Give-Away

8. Jessica says:

Thanks for the great post. I actually have some of these around and have not really used them. You gave me many ideas. So I guess I HAVE to clean now…lol

Jessica’s last blog post..WFMW-Text to Speech Software

9. Kisha says:

I love, love, love them. I’ve been looking for the new ones that have Febreeze in them but my stores don’t have them yet. I use them on the coffee cups once a month (i wash them after again) and on the bottom of the Pyrex to. Did I mention that I love them? lol

Kisha’s last blog post..Works For Me Wednesday

10. Great blog!!! Definitely a keeper! I never thought of using the Magic Eraser on a dry erase board. Can’t wait to try it!

The (Almost) Amazing Mommarino’s last blog post..A Slice of Homeschooling Life

11. Teri says:

I love the magic erasers, too…I have found one thing that they can’t handle though…there are scuff marks on my bedroom wall from my suitcase…I’ve tried everything under the sun & now I’m convinced I’ll just need to re-paint over them…bummer! But I agree, the Magic erasers are amazing! Thanks for sharing & for commenting on my blog!

Teri’s last blog post..Ultimate Blog Party

12. Angela says:

Robin,
    I have used Magic Eraser, but would add a word of caution: Do not use on walls etc. that have flat paint. My DD got a hold of one of those markers you use on transparencies & decorated our door & wall. I tried the eraser and all the paint came off without scrubbing. The red marker, however was still there! :cry:

13. Miss Jocelyn says:

Wow, I’ve heard that those sponges do wonders.. though dangerous for wee ones. LOL

Thank you for your comment on my post. How encouraging! *hugs*!

Love
    MJ

Miss Jocelyn’s last blog post..States Exploration

14. Kristin says:

This is one of my favorite cleaning products. The best ever! I also use the heavy duty Magic Erasers that have the wavy sides on them — those are great for my corian kitchen sink that sucks up every stain or color that lives in the house — the heavy duty ME’s make it short work.

Another thing I do with the ME if I need just a bit of extra umph – I pour on a little baking soda and scrub with the ME – and it doesn’t disintegrate the sponge.

I’m allergic to nearly everything — I have never had any trouble using the ME with my bare hands.

If you haven’t tried it — go out and purchase the original Magic Eraser – once you’ve tried the original, then try to off brands. :wink: Then you can decide if the off brand is as good as the original. (in my opinion of course lol)

Have a great day!
    Kristin

Kristin’s last blog post..Chalkboard Chalk tip

15. Niki says:

I love the Magic Eraser, too!

Niki’s last blog post..FRUGAL FRIDAY…Simple Fun!

16. Sharon Sue says:

I love the Magic Eraser, too! Do be careful on walls etc. that have flat paint. I have learned to use them very lightly on the flat paint walls-they will leave a dull mark, which can only be seen at angles that the light shines on but I am able to get the scuff/black marks off. You gave me many new ideas.

17. mntoopb says:

BvGHnm vdmghpujwjzr, [url=http://ksimvtcbxzpw.com/]ksimvtcbxzpw[/url], [link=http://nusafmwijmcn.com/]nusafmwijmcn[/link], http://vfypgmbfmnkc.com/

18. [...] Mr Clean Magic Eraser [...]

19. [...] Mr Clean Magic Eraser Works for Me Posted by root 4 minutes ago (http://www.heartofwisdom.com) Remove mildew stains from outside furniture thank you for your comment on my post how encouraging hugs which can only be seen at angles that the light shines on but i am able to get the scuff black marks off copyright 2007 all rights reserved powered by w Discuss  |  Bury |  News | Mr Clean Magic Eraser Works for Me [...]

20. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Best Thing Since Sliced Bread http://bit.ly/IKzaM

21. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Works for Me : Heart at Home http://tinyurl.com/ylgu4kx

22. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Works for Me : Heart at Home – http://ow.ly/15WCh

23. Mr. Clean Magic eraser is my favorite cleaner ever, really good for household cleaning.

24. It will going to be very helpful especially for housewives as it easily and thoroughly breaks up tough dirt, lifting it away from surfaces.