My husband grew up with a bottle of vinegar on the table with every meal not knowing it is much more than a condiment cooking ingredient. It should be part of your first aid kit.
It is a very safe supplement, there are no known side effects. Vinegar is obtained from the fermentation of apple juice. The best vinegar is raw organic unfiltered. Look for “mother” on the label. The cloudy looking vinegar is the Mother, a substance that grows on fermenting alcoholic liquids.
12 Health Benefits of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Relief for rashes, stings and burns – add two tablespoons to the bath water and soak in it to soothe burning and itching skin or apply it on a sunburn for immediate aid
- Relief for aching joins. Apply as hot compresses to aching joints can reduces inflammation and pain.
- Battles yeast infections. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a quart of lukewarm water douche helps restore the acid balance in your body.
- Sore throat relief. Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of hot water and some honey to taste
- Helps upset stomach. Mix a few teaspoons into a glass of water and drink for relief.
- Useful in flu or chest congestion. Applying with pepper on the chest can help relieve some of the congestion.
- Sustains bone mass becasue it has magnesium, silicone and calcium.
- Lower cholesterol 1 and blood pressure. 4 The potassium and other substances makes the blood thinner and is helpful in controlling blood pressure. The fiber absorbs fats and cholesterol by expelling them from the body as waste materials.
- Helps clear skin irritations, like acne and contact dermatitis.3
- Great for removing certain pesticides and bacteria from fresh produce. Use a solution of 10 percent vinegar to 90 percent water as a bath to briefly soak produce.
- Aids in weight loss studies show it increases metabolism, generates energy and reduces hunger. It helps to detoxify the liver which plays an important role in weight loss. take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, mixed in water, before meals.4
- Helps control blood sugar levels. People with a high risk of developing diabetes, or in other words people with pre-diabetes, were able to have lower blood-glucose levels than healthy people just by drinking two tablespoons of vinegar before their meals
Easy to Add Vinegar to Your Diet
- Add raw vinegar to your salad dressing with some high-quality olive oil.
- Use it to make mayonnaise
- Sprinkled on chips and fries (OK not so healthy but yum!)
- Drink as a hot or cold beverage sweetened with natural honey.
- Add to your Green Smoothie (Learn about Green Smoothies here)
My Favorite Salad Dressing
I got this recipe from Dr Fuhrman. Only 5 calories per serving!
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 oranges pealed
- 1/2 lemon pealed
- 1/3 cup cashews
Put into a power blender (Blendtex or Vitamix) and blend until creamy.