Isn’t it amazing that Americans worry more about the gas we put in our cars than the food we put in our bodies?
I’ve been getting healthy with a very simple health plan: I eat God’s food instead of man’s food. You can read Dr. Axe’s Healing Food Plan here. I’ve lost eight pounds in two weeks—and I eat a huge amount of food—and I feel great.
Green Smoothies are really one of the most efficient ways for your body to heal itself and the easiest way to absorb nutrients into your body. There are hundreds of benefits; I’ve only listed the top twelve here:
- A quick, effective way for the body to be able to absorb nutrients into the bloodstream and cells.
- When your body receives the proper nutrients, you lose weight because it’s not craving more food.
- Increases metabolic rate (the rate at which the body burns calories).
- Best way to support, detoxify, and strengthen the major organs in the body.
- Quickly absorb large amounts of nutrients into the system.
- Hardly any digestive work is needed to process raw liquid.
- Easy way to get beneficial enzymes.
- More nutritious than green powders.
- Easy to include vegetables you don’t like in your diet (I don’t like kale but it’s easy to hide it in a smoothie).
- Aids the body’s natural regenerative powers.
- Since it’s simple, it’s easy to be consistent.
- Makes amazingly healthy soup bases and nut butters without preservatives or bad oils
I’ve been researching blenders and juicers for several months. My dear friend Dolores knew I was looking for a juicer and generously sent me one of hers. I tried juicing beets to overcome anemia.
It worked! My iron levels came up more with fresh beet juice than with the weekly $450.00 painful Procrit shots my doctor prescribed to produce more red blood cells (and without the horrible side effects)!
Upgrading to a Powerful Juicer
My gift juicer works well for juicing things like grapes, tomatoes and avocados. But is not powerful enough to do things like broccoli, so I add green powder to my daily juice (I alternate between Boku and Garden of Life Perfect Food Super Green Formula).
Drinking a green drink daily made such a huge improvement in my health (I’ve been able to get off eight medications), that I decided to invest in a more powerful juicer. I’m still using the juicer my friend gave me, but from my research I decided the best machine for me is a Blendtec Total Blender.
This blender is so amazing; they have a site called WillItBlend.com where they show videos blending things like an iPad, an iPhone, marbles, a rake, and much more, to show how powerful it is.
There is no better investment you can make in your family’s health!
- Organic is best, of course, to avoid pesticides and artificial fertilizers.
- Fresh produce is vital (from the garden or a farmers market).
- The most nutritious vegetables include kale, spinach, carrots, celery, beets, garlic, cucumber and parsley.
- The most nutritious fruits include blueberries, kiwi, guava, cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, paw paw, and apples.
Not Natural? Too Concentrated?
God made most food to be eaten whole—but He also gave us rules on how to keep the land able to produce nutritious food, and we haven’t followed them (crop rotation and resting every seventh year). As a result, our food—even fresh, organic, raw food—is lacking in nutrients.
According to an analysis conducted by The Globe and Mail and CTV News, modern farming methods, long-haul transportation and crop-breeding practices have contributed to a significant drop in the level of vitamins and minerals in our food. For example, in the last fifty years the average potato has lost 100% of its vitamin A, 57% of its vitamin C and iron, and 28% of its calcium.
The book, 10001 Food Facts, Chefs’ Secrets & Household Hints, reports that most growers put back into the soil only what is necessary for crop growth, usually including phosphorus, potassium, and nitrates. Other nutrients, such as chromium, zinc, and selenium, are woefully missing.
My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipes
Eating God’s Way Facebook Group
I post information daily on the free Facebook Group to motivate and educate others. If you are interested in changing your eating habits to a biblical, healthy a plant based, whole foods plan join in on the free Eating God’s Way Facebook Group. Feel free to lurk or jump in.
I have drastically changed the way I eat. I firmly believe most health issues can be reversed through diet. I
- Hope Egan– Holy Cow Does God Care What We Eat?
- Dr Rex Russell – What the Bible Says About Healthy Living
- Hope Egan – What the Bible Says About Healthy Living Cookbook
- Dr Fuhrman – Eat to Live
- Dr Mercola – Total Health Program
- Jordin Ruben – The Maker’s Diet
- Victoria Boutenko – Green Smothie Revolution
- Lysa TerKeurst – Made to Crave