“TeachWithMovies.org is the premiere site on the Internet showing teachers how to create lesson plans using movies and film. Thousands of teachers use movies in their classes to teach social studies, English, Science, Health, and the Arts.”
Teaching with Movies is an excellent resource for homeschoolers with a little discernment. Some of the movies are movies I will not allow my children to watch–skip them and move on to the movies that fit your family. They provide great lesson plans, good historical backgrounds, Discussion Questions , projects, moral and ethical questions, vocabulary and Internet links for more information.
- The historical and artistic merit of each recommended film has been carefully assessed.
- The TeachWithMovies.com Subject Matter Index lists films by area of the curriculum.
- They also index films by appropriate age, title, social-emotional learning topic, etc. The best way to navigate the site is through our list of indexes.
- Learning Guides for each film describe its benefits and possible problems.
- Lesson plans can easily be adapted from the Learning Guides: Discussion questions, class projects (or other portions of the Learning Guide) can be copied from the Internet and pasted onto word processing files, edited to suit the needs of the class, and then reproduced as an assignment sheet or classroom handout;
- Information from the Helpful Background section can be used to stimulate discussions.
- Vocabulary and spelling lists can be developed from the “Building Vocabulary” section.
Homeschool with Movies Facebook Group
The Homeschool with Movies Facebook group is for those wanting to teach or enhance lessons with movies or videos online or TV. This is a Christian group. Created to share educational movies, documentaries, programing and lesson plans. Join here.
Amazon Instant Videos
Find hundreds of biographies, history, science and geography videos with Amazon Instant Videos.
Learning History with Movies Amazon Store
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)