- Desperate Crossing: The Untold Story of the Mayflower
The Pilgrims’ 1620 voyage from England to America aboard the Mayflower, their establishment of the Plymouth Colony and their relationship with the Wampanoag Indians are chronicled in a docudrama that relies heavily on William Bradford’s eyewitness account documented in “Of Plymouth Plantation.” Part 1 below, Part 2, Part 3, Free Study Guide (PDF)
- National Geographic – The New World: Nightmare in Jamestown
- The Mayflower: Pilgrim Adventures
This 1979 feature is one of the rare attempts to dramatize a chapter of America’s formation. Set in 1620, the story concerns the religious persecution of the Puritans in England and their decision to emigrate to Plymouth Colony in America. This is a fairly sturdy and enjoyable piece of historical drama, with the most important details about who, what, where, when, and why informatively answered. Richard Crenna is fine as the Reverend William Brewster, one of the Pilgrim Fathers and a veteran of relocating religious minorities to more hospitable places.
- The Mayflower and the First Thanksgiving
New from Mike Huckabee’s “Learn Our History”, this is a preview of “The Mayflower and the First Thanksgiving”.
- The Mouse on the Mayflower
The Mouse on the Mayflower is a 1968 animated Thanksgiving television special created by Rankin/Bass. It debuted on NBC on November 23, 1968. The special is about a mouse named Willum who is discovered on the Mayflower. Tennessee Ernie Ford voices Willum and narrates.
- William Bradford- The First Thanksgiving DVD
- Where America Began: Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown
- Popular Colonial history of the United States & Jamestown
Fifteen videos on Youtube Playlist
- The War That Made America: The Story of the French and Indian War
This movie brings to life a vastly important—but often misunderstood—period of American history, a period that set into motion forces that would culminate in the American Revolution. This dramatic documentary tells the story of the French and Indian War (1754-1763), which began in the wilderness of the Pennsylvania frontier and spread throughout the colonies, into Canada, and ultimately around the world.
- When the Forest Ran Red
- Roots (Miniseries 4 DVD)
- Freedom & Repression In Colonial America
- Benjamin Franklin
- Deerslayer (French Indian War)
- Hawkeye (1755, 4 DVD)
- The Mayflower Pilgrims (Amazon Instant Video, free for prime users)
In 1620, after years of sacrifice and hardship, they arrived on the shores of the New World in a tiny ship, they carried in their hearts a set of beliefs which would form the bedrock values for the world’s most powerful democracy. (43 minutes)
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)