Home » Homeschool » Heart of Wisdom News » "Spiritual Roots of Disease" Conference

"Spiritual Roots of Disease" Conference

I’ve been in Georgia for a week long Bible conference titled “Be In Health.” based on the book A More Excellent Way: Be In Health by Henry Wright.

There is no way to encapsulate what I learned in the intense 50 hour teaching  of the dynamics behind diseases and the spirit, soul, and body connection.

Fear, anger, bitterness, jealousy, and worry can cause 80% of diseases from heart disease and ulcers to cancer.  Dealing with the sin might be all that God is waiting for to heal ( James 5:15). Doctors and medicines can manage many diseases but the Great Physician can heal when we walk in His ways and take every thought captive.

I look forward to sharing some of the theories and Bible studies with you as soon as I get caught up with home and family. It is great to be back home!

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” (Isaiah 61:1-2; repeated by Jesus in Luke 4)

Subscribe

Heartofwisdom teaching approach

Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)

Powered by ConvertKit

About Robin Sampson

10 comments

  1. You were in my neck of the woods. 🙂 What conference did you attend?

  2. “Welcome Home!!”, Robin. 🙂 You were missed!

  3. I went to “For My Life” conference a part of “Be In Health” I hope to go back or the “For Their Life” conference to learn to teach. If you live there you should attend.

  4. I am currious to see what you will share, but I have to admit I am feeling a bit skeptical so far. I’ve lived with chronic illness for the past 18 years. I did have a specific, unconfessed sin in my life when I became ill (though I don’t know that it was a cause-effect, just pointing out the two co-existed). I have long-since confessed that sin, prayed for healing, been repeatedly prayed over by others, and God’s answer continues to be as it was for Paul with his thorn in the flesh, “My grace is sufficient for you.” If any human in history was right with God, I would think Paul was that man, and yet God’s answer to his pleading for healing was “No”.

    Even if 80% of illnesses can be attributed to specific sins, that still leaves 20% that can only be attributed to living in this fallen, sin-broken world. Sometimes God allows illness in our lives simply to bring glory to Himself, as with the blind man on the side of the road about whom Jesus clearly stated that neither this man nor his parents sinned. When I read things like your 80% statistic, I really feel that the other 20% is being negated and it almost feels accusatory, that if anyone is sick, it’s his own fault, a sin issue, guilty until proven innocent. 🙁

  5. Phyllis

    Hi Jenni,
    Paul’s Thorn in the flesh, was not referring to a sickness, it clearly states that his thorn in the flesh was a messenger of satan, sent to buffet him…from scripture we know that Jesus said that satan is the father of lies. In another place it says that he’s the “accuser of the brethren” That in itself is enough to be termed “a messenger of satan”
    Sounds like it was ( pardon the expression) a spiritual “pain in the butt.” Read the rest of the scripture in context there.
    No matter how much satan accuses us, God’s grace covers any accusation!
    It was more like an annoying accusatory thought that kept troubling Paul rather than a sickness. Read it again

    As far as setting blame in the example you stated about the man born blind, notice that Jesus always offered grace and forgiveness for anyone who came to him with a penitent heart, the job of the recipient of his grace was just to believe.
    He never accused anyone who came to him for healing of anything. He just healed them! The blind man was healed, and God got the Glory for it!!!! Don’t let satan or any man tell you anything different! God’s word is true, but satan will try his best to confuse the issues. It’s one of his favorite tactics to keep us defeated if we let him.

    Healing belongs to everyone who comes to Jesus to receive it, but they must believe it and act on it. I know it sounds simplistic, but if you believe that Jesus is alive today, that He is who He said He was, that He is the same yesterday, today and forever, You can have healing as of this moment in Jesus name, and just knowing and not doubting in your heart will bring it to pass on the outside! You only need a little bit of faith to move mountains! Rise up and be victorious in the powerful name of Jesus Christ!
    God Bless You!

  6. Wow, I am curious to read what you have to say. A friend let me borrow a book on this issue and it was very enlightening. You were missed, welcome back.

    Concerning Jenni’s comment above, we can confess all sins, but sin specially of the parents have a bearing on their children, this is what the bible says. I have had a medical condition to which they have not found the cure, it wasn’t until I came to realized the sin passed down in my family and consequently reached me, and how I was part of it, I had to come to terms with it, it went back into my early childhood…. I had to make amends with it. I had to give it all back to the Lord… I feel so much better….I am not totally healed, but feel 80% better….I also have to realize that my physical body took some abuse these last 40 years 🙂 No, I didn’t agree with everything this particular book I read, had to say. But, just like everything else in life we need to weight and look for the bad and good in it. I hope you can find a solution to your problem.
    Blessings,
    Katia

  7. Kristina

    This book sounds compelling. I’m 41 and have been with disease for 30 years. But I have never asked for the Lord to heal me. Maybe I should. I haven’t even accepted it completely. the disease. I can definatly see how anger and ulcers connects and I always thought that cancer somehow fallowed those who tend to “keep it all bottled up”.

    I have a friend with MS and can see how with out God in his life, his current exitance seems for nothing. I know God is waiting for him.

    But anyways, sounds like a good read. We should all read it and then we can all relate better to what Robins thoughts are 🙂

  8. Phyllis

    Concerning the comment by Katia above,

    See Ezekiel 18:The whole chapter… on this subject of children suffering because of parent’s sins. Here is just a small portion…
    19. “Yet you ask, ‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live.
    20. The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.
    21. “But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die….
    Phyllis

  9. Chapalin Norm Leslie

    Need to learn about this. I am a prison chaplain of around 2800 inmates and this could be a tremendous tool for their healing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

google54fbe8b0628b91e4.html