What’s faster than a lapbook, more fun than a book report, makes for super review and teaches computer skills while documenting learning? Digital Scrapbooking!
Digital Scrapbooking Overview
- Great for all ages and learning styles
- No mess! Digital scrapbooking is as much fun as lapbooking without all the scissors, glue, papers, and folders.
- Student retain information longer because they did something with it
- Encourages reluctant writers (short sentences and paragraphs)
- Review is a snap
- Teaches organization
- Immediate portfolio record of information learned
- Can be used with any curricula
- Encourages creativity
- Student learn when they share the work with others
- Encourages a love of learning
School Projects Pinterest Board
Digital Scrapbooking is the process of creating scrapbook pages with image-editing software. Computer scrapbookers upload digital photos and scrapbooking papers into the software program then arrange them to a layout to create a scrapbook page.
Scrapbooking methods are a super creative outlet for school work. Scrapbooking is incredibly rewarding, Students show enthusiasm about almost any subject if they are able to scrapbook.
Digital Scrapbooking Benefits (things they don’t tell you at the scrapbook store)
- Digital scrapbooking is cheaper because the supplies can be used over and over.
- Digital scrapbooking is faster than traditional scrapbooking. Instead of cutting and pasting you drag and drop. You can place images into a template and use it over and over.
- Digital scrapbooking is less messy compared to traditional scrapbooking. No glue or scissors required. No looking though boxes to find embellishments.
- Computer created pages saved in digital format are safe from the effects of heat, oxidation, and other external potential problems.
- Computer created pages are easily shared through e-mail, galleries or by CD. You can print the pages but you don’t have to.
Scrapbook to Learn Step-by-Step
- Read a book or passage on the topic.
- Optional but fun: Watch a Youtube video on the topic.
- Brainstorm a list of facts to record. My boys really learn on this step.
- Allow students browse your scrapbook stash (hundreds of free kits are available)
- Research the Internet for images with Google image search.
- Chose a template. (Templates save hours! See free templates here.)
- Created the scrapbook page (Mom can teach how to use the software as children choose papers and elements until they can do it on their own).
Want to Try?
- Download free 30 day trial Photoshop Elements.
- Download free kit.
- Download free templates here and/or here.
- Watch tutorial videos here or
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)