Oven roasting is an ideal way to prepare vegetables to retain the vitamins, flavors and minerals. When boiling vegetables a lot of the flavour leaks into the boiling water. With roasting no flavor is lost. Roasting with olive oil we need no butter. If you boil potatoes and carrots and are new to roasted vegetables you’ll probably be so pleased with the taste you’ll never go back to boiling.
Make Ahead and Freeze
I like to meal prep by roasting two huge cookie sheets full of vegetables then freeze in individual servings with 4 oz protein (turkey, chicken, beans, etc) for lunches and dinners.
Oven Roasted Vegetables
Any of the following vegetables or any combination 1-2 cups diced into chunks:
- Sweet Potato (try to add this one– really make it amazing)
- Potatoes (new potatoes with skin or regular postatoes skinned)
- Butternut squash pared, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Zucchini, cubed
- Broccoli (place heads down as they brown fast)
- Cabbage cored and cut into chuncks (best with beef kabasa)
- Bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- Shallots, peeled, halved
- Rosemary sprigs chopped
- 1 T Olive Oil or Coconut per cup of veggies
- 2 cloves of garlic diced.
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix the svegtables in a roasting pan
- Combine the rosemary and olive oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the oil mixture over the vegetables and mix until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. (Test with fork)
- Serve and enjoy!
See More Meal Prep Ideas and Recipes on My Pinterest Board
Almost any meats go well: with roast, chicken, turkey, stew beef, beef kabasa, beef sausage,etc.
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)