The hardest part about healthy eating is not having something quick and easy. This awesome prepare ahead salad basesalad makes eating healthy quick and easy.
I make it when I get home from the grocery store. Store it in the same airtight bowl and it stays good for a full week and its Gluten Free! It consist of mainly lettuces, spinach, and lots of shredded veggies (no tomatoes or foods that would get mushy).
When you are ready grab a huge handful of salad base and add:
- meat (chicken, fish, beef)
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
- Lettuces (Romain, Kale, and Spinach is most nutritious, you can also use ice burg, spring mix, etc)
- Peppers (red, yellow, green)
Step 2. Fill Bowl 3/4 full of Lettuces
Step 3. Chop & Add Veggies
Step 4 Keep Adding One Color at a time
Salad for a week. When food is fast and convenient it’s easy to make healthy habits!
Use as abase. Add tomatoes, meats, cheese etc for a salad or add to a wrap for a healthy sandwich.
Prefer Individual Salads?
You can make seven salads for seven days using Salad in a Jar or what this video tupperware salads.
- Join our Free Facebook “Eating God’s Way” Group for healthy eating support.
- Follow Robin Sampson’s board Nutrition: Superfoods on Pinterest.
- I found the ideas for this Rainbow Salad in the book The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health page 286.
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)