I made this amazingly delicious broccoli cheese soup in my Instant to Pressure Cooker. It would be easy to make on stove or crock pot. I replaced traditional cream with more nutritious coconut milk.
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped (optional, I had some I wanted to use up)
- 3 chopped leeks
- 3 potatoes grated (I had a few I wanted to use up)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of carrot (shredded) (optional)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (15-ounce) cans organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Mrs Dash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Chop and saute onion, celery, leeks i coconut oil until onion is transparent.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Set Instant to Pressure Cooker. on manual for 7 minutes.
- Release valve, open pot and add cheeses, stir until melted.
- Serve in bowl garnished with cheddar cheese.
- My 15 yr-old son loves this with garlic croutons.