Daughter # 3, Victoria told me about Cake Pops. I think these are adorable and just the right size for dessert–only two bites of cake. Easy to make by the children, cute to serve. Perfect for holidays gift giving. We are going to pas out Turkey Cake Pops for Thanksgiving this year.
The cake pop ideas are endless: birthdays, baby showers, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Passover, sporting events, etc. See recipe below the photos.
Basic Cake Pop Recipe
- Cake Mix (any flavor)
- Frosting (in a can)
- Candy Melts
- Lollipop Sticks
- Food Writer Markers for decorating (these are great for painting on eyes)
- Styrofoam Block (to hold cake pops)
- Lollipop Bags (if you are giving as gifts)
- Cupcake Decorating Tools
- Make a 13×9 cake.
- Let it cool.
- Crumble the cake in a large bowl. Super fun un for children!
- Stir in in 1 can of frosting.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Melt your candy melts according to directions.
- Did sucker stick into candy melt.
- Place a sucker stick into the top of each cake ball.
- Form cake mixture into balls and place balls onto wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for15 minutes.
- Dip each pop into your candy melt.
- Decorate (dip in sprinkles, decorate with Food Writer, etc)
- Place the stick into a Styrofoam block while the candy melt shell hardens.
- Serve and enjoy.