We had fun making this Ben Franklin page this morning. More and more of our school time is watching documentaries then scrapbooking. Boys love it.
The papers and most the images are from Energy and Electricity Digital Scrapbook Kit ($2.50). Its a high resolutionkit for printing.
You can get lower resolution images using Google image search. They don’t look great when printing but great for online projects.
Scrapbooking to Learn Steps
- We read a book or watch a documentary on the topic
- We watch a few Youtube videos.
- Brainstormed a list of facts to record.
- Let children boowse your scrapbook stash. If you don’t have one hundreds of kits are online free.
- Find images online with Google image search.
- Chose a template. Templates save hours? I have a huge template stash and use them over and over. Search free scrapbook template at Google to get your stash started.)
- We created the scrapbook page together (my boys are learning Photoshop as we work).
Want to Try?
- Download free 30 day trial Photoshop Elements 10.
- Download free kit.
- Download free templates here and/or here.
- Watch tutorial videos here or
- Take a Digital Scrapbook class with your students here. (fastest and best way to learn!)
Not only is a biography like this is fun to make and share but the student is also learning design and layout that can be valuable in several areas in the work force or home business!