As people become desensitized to occult violence and horror, the images in popular entertainment grow increasingly and indescribably evil. Yet, this is old news.
Thousands of years ago, God warned us, ‘All those who hate Me love death.’ (Proverbs 8:36) Click here to read the origins of Halloween Symbols.
My recent post “Should Christians Observe Halloween” turned in to a hot topic receiving 100 comments.
Since then I found this interesting book on Halloween. “Death Makes a Holiday: A Cultural History of Halloween by David J. Skal. He has a pretty impressive Bibliography citing his sources.
Skal recounts the holiday’s evolution from the pagan new year of Samhain to a night that has brought the likes of the Miami child murders of the early 1980s and the “Perfectly Under Control” Halloween of Martha Stewart.
Death Makes a Holiday Excerpt Pages:
Hint: Make this page bigger by clicking ctrl and + on your keyboard. If you still can’t read it go here and click on the book cover.
For More Information:
- Death Makes a Holiday: A Cultural History of Halloween
- The Facts on Halloween (The Facts On Series) by John Ankerberg
- Halloween: An American Holiday, an American History
- Halloween Other Festivals: Death And Life
- The Pagan Mysteries of Halloween: Celebrating the Dark Half of the Year
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)