- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 9 tsp Stevia Blend or 18 packets
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (McCormick is gluten free)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the quinoa flour, baking powder, and salt until blended; stir in the dried cranberries and almonds.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla until blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Transfer dough to prepared cookie sheet; use damp hands to shape into two 12×2-inch rectangles (about ¾ inch high).
- Bake 23-25 minutes until golden brown and set at center.
- Transfer the cookie sheet to a rack to cool for about 15 minutes or until it can be easily handled.
- Lift the biscotti off sheet onto a cutting board, peeling off and discarding the parchment.
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut the biscotti crosswise into slices about ½-inch thick.
- Place the biscotti back on the cookie sheet with cut side down.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until the biscotti is golden and dry.
- Transfer biscotti to a rack and cool completely (they’ll crisp as they cool).
Recipe type: Cookie, Biscotti
Cookbooks by Camilla V. Saulsbury
Camilla is not only a cookbook author but also a fitness instructor and trainer, and an avid endurance race competitor. She has a Ph.D. in sociology–with a dual focus on health & medicine and American foodways– from Indiana University.