Adapted from Allrecipes The Best Vegetarian Chili in the World
My mother made wonderful chili. I’ve made her recipe for 30 years but (sorry mom) I like this chili better!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 packet Chili Seasons
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tomatoes cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, and spices. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper. Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)