Simple Matza Recipe
- 4 cups of plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sunflower or olive oil
- 3/4 cup of water and add more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Oil a baking tray.
- Mix the salt into the flour.
- Add the oil and knead it into the flour.
- Gradually knead the water into the dough until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin until it is 1 cm thick and shape it to fit on the baking tray.
- Place the dough on the baking tray and cut into squares or triangles.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until crispy (like a dry cracker).
Keeps 3 days under refrigeration
- 3 ounces (75g/3/4-cup) walnuts
- 1/4 large cooking apple
- Kosher wine to moisten
- 2 level teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 level teaspoons sugar
More Passover Recipes